CADlink Digital Factory Apparel - a suite of software products to support Brother GT-3 Garment Printers
SYDNEY, Australia - April 3, 2014
GJS this month announced local availability of CADlink Digital Factory Apparel, a suite of software products, specifically designed to support Brother GT-3 Garment Printers.
CADlink Digital Factory Apparel provides a plethora of features that maximises colour management and optimises workflow by including garment-specific production tools directly within the print software.
“Brother Garment Printers are already renowned for being simple to use, whilst producing remarkable results. The addition of CADlink Digital Factory Apparel further enhances the in-built features of the Brother machines, and provides an easy way of managing multiple print queues and printers at the same time,” said Greg Stone, Managing Director, GJS.
“By also enabling a more precise control over how much ink the printer lays down, based on the type of fabric it is printing on, customers will now be able to more efficiently control ink costs and increase cost savings whilst also maximising print quality,” Stone added.
The software includes the following key features:
- Spectacular Colour Reproduction - CADlink’s high-fidelity colour management engine provides vibrant, colour-accurate printing on white, coloured and black fabrics of all types
- Complete, centralised job management - CADlink direct to garment RIP software features Visual Production Manager, a simple, easy to use interface that manages multiple queues and multiple printers simultaneously
- Seamless interface with design applications - No need to worry about the issues involved with exporting and importing files. Digital Factory Apparel uses “send to” technology direct from your favourite design applications, (Corel, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Industry-leading white ink management and automated underbase feature - Proper use of white ink is essential to printing images onto black or dark coloured fabrics. Advanced implementation of layer technology automatically creates an underbase layer that can be sent to a production queue directly from a design application
- Integration of black artwork elements into black garments - A pre-set queue function can automatically remove any black components from a design when printed on a black fabric. This creates highly attractive prints that make designs appear to literally “blend” into the fabric, (see also “plug-in” description below)
- Direct, in-RIP support of production plug-in’s - SuperSize Image (resolution increase for low resolution artwork); FluidMask (easy to use masking software ideal for removing unwanted backgrounds); “Knock-me-out-Black” and “Knock-me-out-Colour” (colour removal from artwork tools that allow graphics to “blend into” background garment colour)
- Precision ink level controls - Provides the ability to optimise amount of ink placed on different fabrics. Contributes to cost savings and increases print quality
- CMYK and RGB file colour support ensures the widest range of process colours and true photographic-quality image printing - Conversion of colour spaces (RGB to CMYK) can create unwanted colour shifts. Since most apparel printers work with CMYK, Digital Factory Apparel is able to provide the most sought-after colour results in the market
CADlink Digital Factory – Brother Edition is available immediately from GJS.
To download a free trial of Digital Factory Apparel, click here.
GJS is Australia’s premier provider of solutions and services for the textile, promotional products, custom photo gift, sign and display industries. With over 40 years’ experience, GJS supplies everything needed to start and operate a successful printing business including equipment, consumables, training and support. Headquartered in Revesby, NSW, and with additional teams located in Victoria and Queensland, GJS serves customers throughout Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. For more information visit: gjs.co. GJS and the GJS logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of GJS. Other names are trademarks of their respective owners.